As Summer begins to wind down, there is still plenty of fun to be had. Check out some of this week’s highlights for family-friendly events in Bend and the surrounding Central Oregon area!
Highlights – August 18-24, 2014
- Family Fitness In the Parks – Mon, 8/18 :: Beginning at 11:30am, enjoy a little outdoor organized fun at Juniper Park with the fam and Bend Parks & Rec. All ages welcome. Bring a water bottle and healthy snack. FREE
- SHARC Twilight Cinema – Tue, 8/19 :: Elsa and Olaf are that much more exciting when you can watch them outside at SHARC’s Twilight Cinema viewing of “Frozen”. Low-profile chairs, blankets, picnic baskets, and coolers are welcome. Movies start at dusk. Pre-movie entertainment and activities begin at 6:30pm. FREE
- Airshow of the Cascades – Fri-Sat, 8/22-23 :: We have a little guy who loves “things that go” so we’re really hoping we can make the trip out to the Madras Airport for this family-friendly event. On Friday, the airshow begins at 7pm, but on Saturday runs from 1:30-5pm. See here for the complete schedule. $10 admission, $15 for both days and kids 12 & under are FREE.
- Art in the High Desert – Fri-Sun, 8/22-24 :: The Old Mill District will be hosting 110 visual artists for the 7th Annual Art in the High Desert. Stroll along the banks of the Deschutes River to shop and/or just appreciate the arts and crafts! Open 10am-6pm each day. FREE
- Kids Obstacle Challenge – Sat, 8/23 :: Head out to Eagle Crest Resort for an obstacle race designed for kids (ages 5-16)! Check-in opens at 9am, and the first race wave begins at 10am. Parents are welcome to run alongside their child. $25 to participate ($35 if registering after 8/10). For registration details here. FREE to watch!
Check out the Calendar Page for the complete list of events each day. Enjoy the week!