Central Oregon Winters are incredibly beautiful. But these cold, snowy days can prove a bit challenging with young kids (read: cabin fever).
So….in addition to those already listed on our >Kids Calendar<, we’ve compiled the list below of even more family-friendly activities in and around Bend available almost any day of the week!
Click the handy links below for details, hours of business and open times to the public.
- Ice Skating:
- Sledding: The only official place to sled that we’re aware of is Wanoga Sno-Park, but unofficially we’ve also seen sledding at Discovery Park & Drake Park.
- Go to a Movie: Sometimes it’s worth checking to see if any of the local theaters are showing a family-friendly movie.
- Indoor bumper cars, billiards, arcade & bowling at Sun Mountain Fun Center. Weather dependent outdoor activities include go carts, batting cages, mini golf and water wars.
- Library Visit: Check out books and visit the play areas
- Kids Shopping “Spree”: Let your kids pick out whatever they want with an allotted (small) $ amount you decide at one of the Dollar Tree stores or one of the kid’s consignment/thrift stores.
- Tubing: Mt. Bachelor’s Snowblast Tube Park (Friday-Sunday)
- Sled Dog Rides: Definitely a more expensive activity, but check out the details at Mt. Bachelor.
- Downhill Skiing: Children 5 & under ski FREE at Mt. Bachelor. AND there’s even the FREE “Carrousel” chairlift everyone can utilize that usually operates Thursday-Sunday (use Sunrise Lodge/Parking). Great for those first several days of learning, especially if you’re teaching – be sure to grab a FREE lift ticket at Sunrise Lodge!
- Nordic Skiing:
Let us know if we missed any of your kid’s favorites!